Full Mouth Reconstruction for a Healthy Smile and Bite
Without timely treatment, minor dental issues will eventually worsen. This can lead to the need for extensive restoration. Fortunately, it is never too late to improve your oral health. A full mouth reconstruction with Dr. Devren Anderson in Sioux Falls, SD, is a customized, comprehensive treatment plan that restores the strength, function, and appearance of your smile. To learn whether a full mouth reconstruction can benefit you, contact us and schedule a consultation today.
Evaluating Your Candidacy
During your initial appointment, you will have a consultation with Dr. Anderson to discuss your oral health. You will undergo a thorough examination, complete with x-rays, digital images, and impressions of your teeth. Full mouth reconstruction may be the best course of treatment if Dr. Anderson finds a combination of:
- Decay and cavities
- Severely worn teeth
- Cracked, chipped, or broken teeth
- Gum disease
- Missing teeth
Left untreated, several of these conditions can lead to further damage. A single missing tooth, for example, can cause surrounding teeth to shift, loosen, and eventually fall out.
Once Dr. Anderson understand your concerns and goals, he will map out your treatment plan which may include:
- Tooth-colored fillings – These composite fillings blend in undetectably with your natural enamel, while providing strength to a tooth that has been treated for decay.
- Dental crowns – A traditional dental crown, also known as a cap, completely encircles a tooth to provide strength and protection. Crowns can also serve as a single-tooth replacement by topping a dental implant.
- Dental bridges – These prosthetic teeth can be traditionally anchored with crowns, or retained by implants. Bridges are designed to replace one or more consecutive missing teeth.
- Dentures – Full dentures replace an entire arch of teeth on the top, bottom, or both. Traditionally, dentures are removable and rest over the gums. Like crowns and bridges, dentures can be supported by dental implants for improved stability.
- Periodontal treatment – Healthy gums provide the foundation for a beautiful smile. Often, a deep cleaning is sufficient to restore gum health.
- Root canal therapy – Root canal therapy removes decay and infection that has extended deep into the inner portion of the tooth.
- Dental implants – These titanium posts are surgically embedded into the jaw. Restorations are then attached to the implants, providing the most durable and lifelike form of tooth replacement available today.
In most cases, full mouth reconstruction patients will need multiple dental visits to complete their full course of treatment.
Benefits to the Patient
In addition to improving your comfort and health, a full mouth reconstruction can:
- Prevent the advance of dental damage and decay
- Restore a younger-looking appearance
- Increase confidence in your smile
- Boost your quality of life
We understand full mouth reconstruction is an investment and accept CareCredit℠ financing to help you reach your goals.
Learn More During a Consultation
Now is the time to get your smile back to a fully functioning, healthy state. To learn more about designing your customized full mouth reconstruction, schedule your consultation today.